Move Window Buttons To Right In Ubuntu 12.10

Prior to 12.10, the left aligned buttons could be right aligned by going to gconf and setting /apps/metacity/general/button_layout to ‘:minimize,maximize,close’.

However, as of 12.10, they have moved to gsettings. Now, to move the buttons to the right, open terminal and enter

$ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences button-layout ':minimize,maximize,close'

And viola, your buttons are now right aligned like a sane person.

TwitterRedditShare

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Tech
13 comments on “Move Window Buttons To Right In Ubuntu 12.10
  1. AsGa says:

Thank you VERY much!

2. dudeguy says:

Thanks a lot. I was pulling my hair out trying to fix this.

3. Graham says:

Cheers mate, been messing with this for ages :)

4. Luis says:

Thanks! Very usefull :)

5. Kim says:

Apprecaited this!

6. jibel says:

Super cette “astuce” ….Merci Par hasard , auriez vous une astuce pour récupérer un “ecran de veille ” dans Ubuntu 12.10 qui a été supprimé ?

7. jibel says:

Sorry for my last answer , thank you for the astuteness , can you tell me if you have an otherone for the scrennsaver missing in the ubuntu 12.10 , many thank’s again 8-)

8. This was an issue as of 12.04 when they did some sort of drugs and decided to neuter the screen saver. My fix was to install xscreensaver. It works great for me. I’m not sure if anyone has any different ideas though.

9. Jordi says:

Thanks mate i was frustated with this cause all i found wasnt working i was edditing “gconftool -s /apps/metacity/general/button_layout -t string menu:minimize,maximize,close” with no luck. the works for me attitude…

10. T says:

Thank you very much for this very helpful information!

11. Janne L says:

Thanks mate, I must have been lucky as I found your page at the second try. I know I spent quite some time with the gconf version of setting them “right” last time – and this time it didn’t work.

Thanks again.

12. MAR says:

Thanks so much! Left buttons were driving me nuts!

13. Srikanth says:

Thanks a lot. Super helpful. :)

1 Pings/Trackbacks for "Move Window Buttons To Right In Ubuntu 12.10"
  1. [...] Move Window Buttons To Right In Ubuntu 12.10 | DavidGranado.com. [...]